- Sam Benger, RB – Carnegie Mellon (Pa.)
- Braxton Berrios, WR – Miami (Fla.)
- Mason Hampton, C – Boise State
- Micah Kiser, LB – Virginia
- Brad Lundblade, C – Oklahoma State
- Marcus Martin, DE – Slippery Rock (Pa.)
- Chandon Sullivan, DB – Georgia State
- Marlon Walls, S – Stephen F. Austin
- Chris Weber, LB – Nebraska
- Jake Wieneke, WR – South Dakota State
Benger, Hampton, Lundblade, Martin, Walls and Wieneke were First Team Academic All-Americans in 2016, while Kiser received Second Team honors. Benger, Martin and Wieneke were Second Team Academic All-Americans in 2015.
Benger, Berrios, Lundblade, Martin, Sullivan, Walls, Weber and Wieneke have now been selected to the Academic All-District team three times. Hampton and Kiser are receiving the honor for the second time.
Fellow 2017 Campbell Trophy finalists Justin Jackson (Northwestern) and Justin Lea (Jacksonville State) were not selected this year, but were both Second Team Academic All-Americans in 2016. Lea is a two-time Academic All-District selection while Jackson was honored once.
The Academic All-District Teams recognize the nation’s top student-athletes for their combined performances athletically and in the classroom.
First-team Academic All-District honorees advance to the CoSIDA Academic All-America Team ballot, where first-, second- and third-team All-America honorees will be selected later this month.