- Two-time First Team Academic All-American
- Two-time FCS ADA Academic All-Star
- Three-time First Team Academic All-District honoree
- Two-time MVFC First Team All-Academic selection
- Recipient of 2015 MVFC Presidents Council Academic Award
- Three-time winner of MVFC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award
- Four-time MVFC Academic Honor Roll member
- Two-time SDSU Economics Student of the Year
- Team captain
- Graduated in December 2016
Civic Service & Leadership: Team representative on Student-Athlete Advisory Committee; Participated in Project Joy holiday gift program, Samaritan’s Feet shoe distribution and campus clean-up efforts.
NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day, Presented by Fidelity
Each NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day is selected from the 156 semifinalists for the 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy, presented by Fidelity Investments® and prominently displayed inside its official home at the New York Athletic Club. The award recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation and comes with a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship.
The NFF announced 12 finalists for the Campbell Trophy on Nov. 1, and each of them received an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class, presented by Fidelity Investments. Western Michigan quarterback Zach Terrell was awarded the 27th Campbell Trophy at the 59th NFF Annual Awards Dinner on Dec. 6.
Nominated by their schools, these outstanding individuals must be a senior or graduate student in their final year of eligibility; have a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale; have outstanding football ability as a first team player or significant contributor; and have demonstrated strong leadership and citizenship.