- 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy finalist
- 2016 NFF National Scholar-Athlete
- Two-time First Team Academic All-American
- Two-time First Team Academic All-District selection
- 2016 FCS ADA Academic All-Star
- Two-time recipient of MVFC President’s Academic Excellence Award
- Two-time First Team Academic All-MVFC selection
- Four-time MVFC Honor Roll member
- Three-time MVFC Commissioner’s Academic Excellence Award recipient
- Team captain
Civic Service & Leadership: Avid volunteer with Cedar Valley Boys and Girls Club, working 30-plus hours with the organization and helping kids with reading comprehension and sports; Volunteered as a mentor at Bremwood Correctional facility (2-3 times a week during 2014); Helped with UNI Dance Marathon to benefit Children’s Miracle Network; Volunteer coach for area football and baseball teams; Assisted with Northeast Iowa Special Olympics.
NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day, Presented by Fidelity
Each NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day is selected from the 156 semifinalists for the 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy, presented by Fidelity Investments® and prominently displayed inside its official home at the New York Athletic Club. The award recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation and comes with a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship.
The NFF announced 12 finalists for the Campbell Trophy on Nov. 1, and each of them received an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class, presented by Fidelity Investments. Western Michigan quarterback Zach Terrell was awarded the 27th Campbell Trophy at the 59th NFF Annual Awards Dinner on Dec. 6.
Nominated by their schools, these outstanding individuals must be a senior or graduate student in their final year of eligibility; have a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale; have outstanding football ability as a first team player or significant contributor; and have demonstrated strong leadership and citizenship.