- 2016 First Team Academic All-American
- 2016 First Team Academic All-District
- 2017 NFF Hampshire Honor Society
- Two-time Academic All-Lone Star Conference selection
- Three-time member of Lone Star Commissioner’s Academic Honor Roll
- Three-time Tarleton Chemistry Student of the Year
- One of only 20 students nationally awarded the FootLocker “Do Something” Scholarship for outstanding academics and leadership
- Member of Tarleton State University Honors College
- Six-time Dean’s List honoree
- Inducted into Alpha Chi national academic honor society
- Team captain
- Graduated in December 2016
Civic Service & Leadership: Participated in Angel League softball program for disabled children; Assisted local families with home maintenance as part of Tarleton Round-Up; Volunteered with Junior High Academic Program, Tarleton Mini Football Camps, nursing home visits and Relay for Life; Helped set-up Tarleton track and field meets and set-up holiday flags around campus; Three-year volunteer for campus move-in day.
NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day, Presented by Fidelity
Each NFF Scholar-Athlete of the Day is selected from the 156 semifinalists for the 2016 William V. Campbell Trophy, presented by Fidelity Investments® and prominently displayed inside its official home at the New York Athletic Club. The award recognizes an individual as the absolute best football scholar-athlete in the nation and comes with a $25,000 postgraduate scholarship.
The NFF announced 12 finalists for the Campbell Trophy on Nov. 1, and each of them received an $18,000 postgraduate scholarship as a member of the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Class, presented by Fidelity Investments. Western Michigan quarterback Zach Terrell was awarded the 27th Campbell Trophy at the 59th NFF Annual Awards Dinner on Dec. 6.
Nominated by their schools, these outstanding individuals must be a senior or graduate student in their final year of eligibility; have a GPA of at least 3.2 on a 4.0 scale; have outstanding football ability as a first team player or significant contributor; and have demonstrated strong leadership and citizenship.